ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hopefully this won't turn to political to quickly. :D

From the sites and sounds of TV it sounds like ISIS is coming to gun us all down and people are afraid..
While what happened in California is indeed a tragedy there have been far more mass shootings by run of the mill people than terrorists. Is this a hang over from 9/11 or is it just media hype.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think you have to ask: "what does TV thrive upon"? If the answer is FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt), then I believe you have your answer. BTW the Israelis have been dealing with this situation for 60 plus years and they are still around. It is not as scary as you think it is. Nuclear annihilation was worse -- trust me on that.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Sex and violence sells. Always has.

Remember, now a days we have 24 hours to fill with news. They will fill it with whatever they deem is "news."

Andy Warhol said it correctly about "15 minutes of fame."

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I have no fear so long as my natural right to self defense -- as in a locked-and-loaded, concealed weapon on my person at all times -- is not infringed.

With that said, I have no issues with the US imposing a moratorium on all immigration until our Justice Department & Homeland Security gets a handle on the vetting of new immigrants.

Then, I support full and unfettered immigration for those who can demonstrate they can improve upon our society, and not detract from it. This includes a willingness to fully assimilate and be productive.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have no fear so long as my natural right to self defense -- as in a locked-and-loaded, concealed weapon on my person at all times -- is not infringed.

With that said, I have no issues with the US imposing a moratorium on all immigration until our Justice Department & Homeland Security gets a handle on the vetting of new immigrants.

Then, I support full and unfettered immigration for those who can demonstrate they can improve upon our society, and not detract from it. This includes a willingness to fully assimilate and be productive.
I'm still more worried about the people that are already here, despite having all the protections currently available to me.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I'm still more worried about the people that are already here, despite having all the protections currently available to me.
Papa, were you always from Florida? For some reason, I don't recall this.

Marion county is pretty rural, no? Aside from the random crazy redneck with a gun (shooting at squirrels), and wild boar, what do you have to fear?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
We are in the process of moving from Michigan to Florida. What I am most afraid of is exactly what seems to be in great abundance here.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I already have more than one thanks as I indicated previously. Doesn't mean I'm not nervous about my neighbors, they appear to be a lower order of humanity.
Things are different here than in Michigan. Make friends. Local folk tend to take care of their own. This is a good thing.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
BTW, welcome to the neighborhood, Papa.

Maybe you, @#12, and I can meet up someday with @loosewire at the Elbow Room and down a few beers.

After which I'll take you to the range where we can share some firearm techniques. :eek:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Better get some more semiautomatics or you won't be any better off than the cops.
Semi's I got plenty of. In the photo (bottom right) is a Cal-tek 9mm sub-compact. Piece of crap, if you ask me. Jams more often than not.

But it was a gift. If nothing more, it's good for target practice. And, jam clearing.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Semi's I got plenty of. In the photo (bottom right) is a Cal-tek 9mm sub-compact. Piece of crap, if you ask me. Jams more often than not.

But it was a gift. If nothing more, it's good for target practice. And, jam clearing.
Had that problem with one of mine. Smoothed up the little guide and it has worked like a champ ever since. They are kinda neat, just point and hold the trigger-see where you hit and move for desired results. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.