Is this a diode, a resistor, or something else?

solarflare

Joined Mar 18, 2015
Hi. I'm trying to repair a power source for an HP Proliant ML350 server, a DPS-800GB A, and among several burned components I came across these two misteries. I can't find the schematic for the board...
Can someone identify them? One of them seems to have red-yellow-yellow bands, the other has a black-yellow-yellow bands. I can get no readings/values from measuring them.
_P1330069.jpg _P1330073.jpg _P1330081.jpg

solarflare

Joined Mar 18, 2015
Hello Dodgydave. It seems to be a really difficult question, I've been asking for a few days now, to coleagues and suppliers, and still no one has assured me what this is. There have been many guesses, but I haven't been able to find a match for these components.
That (now empty) space between had three X2-MKP metallized polypropylene film capacitors, and the mistery components bridged the two closer caps to the third one. The caps were blown.

solarflare

Joined Mar 18, 2015
Glass gas discharge device for overvoltage protection?
Looking at its build it seems just like that. :) the capsule inside is similar.
Thanks so much uwed. Now I just have to find a supplier for this rating.

solarflare

Joined Mar 18, 2015
Hi again.
I was unable to identify the reference of the gas discharge tube, and the suppliers could not help me.
In the meantime I got a working power supply and I'm trying to measure the gas tubes to understand if they are still working.
Can someone help me on how to test them? I get no readings from the tubes using a multimeter.

Thanks