Is there any simulator schematic capture/pcb layout capable of simulating dsp chips?

Joe Stavitsky

Joined Apr 5, 2020
I mean, I would assume it would require general simulation of FPGA but the only thing I've seen come close is Labcenter Proteus. Obviously afaik Multisim and LTSpice will not do it.

Thanks so much

Joe

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is a rather vague request. The answer kind of depends on what aspects of DSP operation you want to simulate. If you want the simulator to execute code, then that is one aspect of the problem. If you want to simulate discrete functions performed by a DSP, then that is another matter altogether. Can you be more specific about what you want to do?

Joe Stavitsky

Joined Apr 5, 2020
It is a rather vague request. The answer kind of depends on what aspects of DSP operation you want to simulate. If you want the simulator to execute code, then that is one aspect of the problem. If you want to simulate discrete functions performed by a DSP, then that is another matter altogether. Can you be more specific about what you want to do?

Either? Both?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I last looked at is many years ago myself, and all I remember about it was that it the right tool for an audio processing product under consideration.