Is there a special switch which would auto off the water motor in fixed minutes

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, Normally i use alarm for water motor to run for some few minutes and then siwitch off it.
But sometimes, i would forget to set the alram when i switch on on resulting in the motor running more than hours , wasting electricity and water .
Is there a kind of switch that i could just switch on and it automatically switch off itself, after say 15 minutes .
i do not mean swittch or alarm that would go on when the water storage reaches a level

A "Delay on make timer"

Other choices are re-settable and non-resetable.
re-settable: it would go another time period if on.
non-resetable: The timing period has to complete before a new one can be triggered.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
This is a description of timer relay functions I suggest you find the description which fits your needs. Then get what you need locally wherever your location is.
Next, make sure the switching capabilities (voltage and current) of your pump motor can be easily handled by the switching contacts you choose. That includes locked rotor and inrush start current of the pump motor load.

Ron

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Wouldn't it be better to have this pump turn off when the storage reaches a certain level rather than just depending on running time?

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
It depends on what it’s for. I’ve seen swimming pool timers that activates a solenoid to turn on a tap based on timers it’s difficult to get a consistent water level due to wind, motion and pumps. There are other devices that uses a water level. Haven’t even considered how it works. Might be some sort of averaging going on.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
While i thank you very much all who answered and gave clules, i am very sorry to respond lately. I did not get any information on my emails about those alerts.
my motor is 1 horse power.
Could somebody give links of the delay switch, that is compatible with 1 horse power.To some one who advised to have the switch when tank level reaches some point, i wilsh to point out, that i am having 4000 litre storage tank, and so it would take a lot more time to fill.
Now the water level is low, so, it is better that i have control over auto switch,
my main purpose, is if i forget to switch off, the pump would be running without pulling water, as the water is at low level.
to reduce the chance of damaging the motor parts, i ask for this switch.
i will go thro the link in the replies.

FWIW: https://gizmo-engineering.com/products/tank-alarms/tank-level-control/

But it seems like you want to pump for a certain amount of time, triggered manually, when your incoming water might run out?

==
y motor is 1 horse power.
Could somebody give links of the delay switch, that is compatible with 1 horse power
Delay timers will almost never be 1 HP compatible. There is usually a definite purpose contactor for motors involved and some control voltage. This US might use 240 VAC motors and 120 V controls. If there is a need to run controls without conduit, then 24 VAC controls are used (e.g. heating system in a home). 24 Vdc is common for process control because of back-up power and interfacing to PLC's. Then there is 12 Vdc.