Is there a better way to wire this?

camg

Joined Jun 3, 2016
Cool looks great. Yeah unsure about that but I mean if one can't go when the other is going there shouldn't be any harm right?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
No no no! Mains and low voltage must be separated. If the switch were to fail, you have mans voltage direct to the boom battery.

See post #44

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
No no no! Mains and low voltage must be separated. If the switch were to fail, you have mans voltage direct to the boom battery.

See post #44
Given that, use two separate rocker switches, mounted side by side, and glue a piece of plastic across the two rockers so the switches will be operated together.

camg

Joined Jun 3, 2016
I would separate high and low voltage negatives right? Or would I ground them all together?
I don't want to experience any grounding loops

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I'm not sure what you mean by high voltage negative. If you mean mains earth, then the charger and/or the PSU may have outputs tied to mains earth. I think I would leave it as it will be and see what happens. If both the charger and the PSU are earthed then there will be two ground connections to the negative rail but it's not worth trying to fix unless it causes a problem.