Is it possible to create our own IC in Pspice software?

letlive06

Joined Oct 11, 2017
Hi,
I am trying to design a circuit using 74LS04D HEX inverter ic with 14 pins in pspice but couldnot find the it in pspice library. Is there anyway to create our own IC in Pspice?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I am not sure what you are asking. When you select the part 74LS04 yes, it is a hex inverter so you have six inverter gates in a single package. If this is my first IC in the drawing it will be labeled U1a with the correct pins. If I use the gate again it will be labeled U1b with the correct pin assignments. This will be true through U1a, U1b, U1c, U1d, U1e and lastly U1f. That is six gates a through f with the correct corresponding pin numbers. I know the 74LS04 is included in the Cadence Pspice library. Here is an example of 12 gates and in groups of six.

7404.png

Note that after U1f we went to U2a and all of the pin assignments. This is a 7404 but the 74LS04 is in the Gates library. So again I am not sure what you are asking. This was done in Cadence Software, OrCad Capture. All I did was place six gates and draw a rectangle around them. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron

letlive06

Joined Oct 11, 2017
I am not sure what you are asking. When you select the part 74LS04 yes, it is a hex inverter so you have six inverter gates in a single package. If this is my first IC in the drawing it will be labeled U1a with the correct pins. If I use the gate again it will be labeled U1b with the correct pin assignments. This will be true through U1a, U1b, U1c, U1d, U1e and lastly U1f. That is six gates a through f with the correct corresponding pin numbers. I know the 74LS04 is included in the Cadence Pspice library. Here is an example of 12 gates and in groups of six.

View attachment 137139

Note that after U1f we went to U2a and all of the pin assignments. This is a 7404 but the 74LS04 is in the Gates library. So again I am not sure what you are asking. This was done in Cadence Software, OrCad Capture. All I did was place six gates and draw a rectangle around them. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron
I am trying to design the circuit as shown in figure in pspice. after keeping the not gate as shown how do I supply Vcc and GND to it?

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
There should be a way to go into your part and edit the part with a make pins visible option. Also you click the part to select it and once the part is selected and you choose Edit Part if Vcc and GND do not exist you add those pins making them visible. This is how it is done in Cadence Pspice.

Ron