Is it possible to build Self charging Inverter unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Unamba

Joined Sep 16, 2017
I have been thinking of the possibility of building a self charge unit that is made up of inverters, batteries, chargers, alternator and a motor.
I am not an electrical or electronics engineer, however, I love trying out new things.

What I think of doing is to get a 12volts inverter connected to a 12volts battery , then get a 12v 20amps alternator connected to the battery driven by a motor. I intend powering the motor using energy from the same battery.
My question is, will the current/voltage produced by the alternator good enough to charge battery or would it need some modifications
Secondly, how do I protect the battery from over charging? I was thinking of a solar panel charge controller,would this work?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If such a perpetual-motion self-charging configuration actually worked, don't you think someone else would have done it by now? :rolleyes:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
MOD NOTE: Thread in violation of ToS:

Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.