Is it not professional?

dMoser

Joined Aug 25, 2011
I got scalded from hot coffee yesterday, and therefore I need to put on part of my face - the chin area - an ointment.
Its not esthetic and I decided on the last moment this morning to inform my team leader that I'll not be able to arrive today.

I'm afraid that it does not look favorably, and that its unprofessional.

I actually arrived to work early this morning, but an engineer (from another team) there advised me not to stay at work if I feel inconvenient with this ointment on me, so I left back home.

What do you think?

Thanks.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Enjoy your holiday.And if something happened just don't waste your free day thinking on it.
And I think it's not unprofessional.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
By the same logic, you shouldn't show up at work with a broken leg because it's "unprofessional". We all have accidents -- and they'll heal up. You might be in a country where the social mores are different, but where I've worked in the US, no one would ever think that an accidental injury was unprofessional.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Reminds me of when I was in 9th grade high school, I got a pimple right between my eyes so huge it looked like a midget was trying to wrestle its way out of my face. In my mind, there was no way in heck I was going to school like that, but my parents felt otherwise. I trotted off to the bus stop and waited til I saw them head off to work, and then I went home.

ok anecdote time over, yes I would probably do the same.