Is it advisable to eat dirt?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I think the phrase is, "Eat s*** and die".
Very often, a small amount of dirt won't kill you. Elephants and some other animals eat dirt in certain places for certain minerals. Still, we are used to much better diets and wouldn't eat much dirt before getting some bad reactions. I think your roommate is displeased with you.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Doctors say we get sick because we are too clean.
If we eat a little dirt frequently then our immune system knows how to remove the germs then is not bothered by them.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Like Mark says,it a dumb move to eat dirt,to many chemicals and germs around.

You get your share of things with your hands and feet,you don't need anymore.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Odd, someone told me about this the other day, Weird?

Fecal transplantation is not a new technique. It’s been practiced for many years - even as early as 1958, as reported in the medical journal "Surgery", which describes some successful treatments by fecal transplantation. However, the process has only recently begun to be seriously investigated by researchers. Dr. Thomas Borody, an Australian gastroenterologist, is a leading practitioner of fecal transplants. He is not only treating gut disorders with fecal transplants but is also investigating whether other disorders such as multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue syndrome and Parkinson's disease can be improved by fecal transplants. Other doctors are trying to find out if transplantation of beneficial bacteria from the stool of lean people into overweight people can treat obesity.
This is the hole article Human-Intestinal-Flora-and-Fecal-Transplantation

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Is your spelling of whole an intentional pun or a freudian slip?

Yup, dontcha love it:)

Thanks for the catch.

Edit: I admit my blunders, this one is for real.

Edit:Edit: Yes, and sometimes it's intentional, I've been known:)

Edit:Edit:Edit: This is what my horse thinks about it......

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
When I get a colonoscopy I must completely wash out my insides. Then does the doctor transplant some "flora" back with some fecal stuff from a donor?
Articles about colonoscopy in Google don't say anything about it.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
When I get a colonoscopy I must completely wash out my insides. Then does the doctor transplant some "flora" back with some fecal stuff from a donor?
Just like tshuck suggested in the wiki.

Can't be done that way, it's thru your nose down a tube and into your small intestine.

It's available in Canada and Europe but, not in the U.S.

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I keep finding myself thinking, "How did we get to the topic of putting another person's fecal matter into another person", then I go back and read....
It's easy nobody wants to talk about it.

My Father worked at a Sewer Wast Disposal Plant.

With that I didn't ever wanted to talk about it.

Sooooo.... what does your Dad do? Do, what?

Do,do? Don't know what your talking about:cool:

Edit: It's all dirt anyway.......eventually.

Edit:Edit: Energy is neither created or destroyed, simply transformed.

Edit:Edit:Edit: Before I leave this Thread, my father who I am proud of.....Invented a defuser that increased the removal of 90% of solids in the first stages of treatment.

He was never recognized nor given any financial remuneration for saving the lives of thousands of people.

He didn't understand patients nor the fact that other's can and will rob your idea right out from under you. Instead of sharing in the idea and money.

He's a simple man among many that have contributed to the welfare and lives of many who will never know the truth.

His defuser was implemented on all major waste facilities in the U.S. and around the world.

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Information can be divided into nice to know and need to know categories. I think your last post definitely is in the nice know category rather than the need to know category:eek: