IR2304 H Bridge mosfet driver problem.

Thread Starter

iamhere

Joined May 1, 2009
33
Hello everyone,

I meet problem when I use IR2304 to drive half bridge, attached the picture of schematic:

PB0 & PB1 with PWM (25Khz-100khz) signal input from MCU( high level time about 47%, low level time+ deadtime 53%).
Q2 & Q3 are IRF830.
V400 about 340v when PFC not running, near 400v when PFC running. PFC will run when CV3 charged.



In my first test , I use a 12V transformer to provide both V16 and V400 with 12v power, test result show the circuit run very well, the nice square wave checked on 'Drain' of Q3 . the IR2304 is quiet.

In my second test, I connect V400 to high voltage (300v-400v), and connect V16 to V400 through a 30K resistor for the purpose of supply start power, and expect the CS1 (1nF) can provide power to IR2304 when running, but failed. no voltage tested on 'Drain' of Q3. Voltage of CV3 =0, the IR2304 is soniferous with sound 'z, z , z '

In my third test, I connect V400 to high voltage (300v-400v), and connect V16 to 12v transformer, I tested there are voltage on 'Drain' of Q3, but seems abnormal( I can not test the wave as it is high voltage). Voltage of CV3 =0, the IR2304 is soniferous with sound 'z, z , z ' ,


would you like to help me checking where may cause problems? any suggestions or tips will be thankful.

Regards
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Top