IR sensor module is not working ?

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
Hello
my IR sensor module is not working.

I am testing with LED
IR Pin configuration
Pin 1 is the output connected with LED (RED LED on breadboard )
Pin 2 is ground
Pin 3 is VCC, connect to 5V

please look images, both case LED does not turn Off
how to fix the issue?

Attachments

Last edited:

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
First decide if it's the led or the sensor not working.

Use your phone camera to look at the led and if it glows on the camera image then at least you would know the led is powered. It wont tell you that the modulation is 'wrong' but it will detect a missing led output

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
Does "I saw white LED with mobile camera. it does not glow on camera Image" mean the TX led does not light up when viewed straight on through your phone camera? If yes then the led is not being activated for some reason and that's the place to start looking for the problem.

business_kid

Joined Feb 5, 2013
I take it your diode is an IR emitter, not a receiver. Is that correct?

The way to test the diode is:will it influence an IR receiver of a similar frequency,and vice versa. Whether it lights is not definitive. If it won't go off, you are applying constant power.
Remember some models are extremely directional

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
Does "I saw white LED with mobile camera. it does not glow on camera Image" mean the TX led does not light up when viewed straight on through your phone camera? If yes then the led is not being activated for some reason and that's the place to start looking for the problem.
I have fixed first problem. I saw on camera LED is emitting blue light I have connected white LED on backside of PCB. again I tested module with breadboard LED but still module is not working?

Attachments