IR LED diode repair TV remote

redLED

Joined Jul 21, 2020
I need to replace IR LED diode in TV remote control.
The only thing I know is that is 5 mm in diameter, is there something else I need to watch out before I buy new one?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
is there something else I need to watch out before I buy new one?
Hello there :)you need to know that I can maybe save you a trip to buy a new one Aim the TV channel changer thingy at a smartphone camera while pressing a button and you should see a flashing light being emitted.if you see the light then I saved you a trip:p

redLED

Joined Jul 21, 2020
I already checked it with a multimeter, it's not flashing, it's dead.
I need to unsolder and solder a new one, I just need to know what is right part.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Forgive me then we should get right to the point if you could possibly provide me the make and model of your television. You know what my mistake I didn't realize I had my crystal ball. That was supposed to be a joke I'm trying to lighten the mood.:rolleyes:

redLED

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Forgive me then we should get right to the point if you could possibly provide me the make and model of your television. You know what my mistake I didn't realize I had my crystal ball. That was supposed to be a joke I'm trying to lighten the mood.:rolleyes:
It's an older Sony LCD TV, remote is RM-ED022

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
An older Sony huh.. kind of like ultrasonic remote control old. :oops:nah just kidding that
infrared LED is 940 nanometers per centimeter square (940nm).