IR Beam Break Sensor

grcshekar71

Joined Oct 8, 2021
I think the best option would be to use
Switch Infrared Beam Photoelectric Sensor Photocell E3JK-5DM1 DC12-24V Detecting Distance 5M
But not sure how does it give output. relay High / low ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Can I please have circuit diagram for this
Diagram? There really isn't much to it. Both modules, transmitter and receiver are powered off your Arduino board module. Just place about a 47 Ohm resistor in series with the transmitter module. The transmitter only has two leads, Vcc and Ground. The receiver module has three leads, Vcc, Ground and Vout. The Vout on receiver goes to the digital input channel of your choice.

Output:
output high level when receive laser signal
output low level when not receive laser signal

So write your code accordingly. If this is hard for you to understand I suggest the garage safety beams as mentioned.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Switch Infrared Beam Photoelectric Sensor Photocell E3JK-5DM1 DC12-24V Detecting Distance 5M
If you want to go this route this is the data sheet. The E3JK-5DM1 part number should contain a little more information. Looks like you are choosing a relay output version. You wire the relay out to suit your specific needs and just as before write your code accordingly. Depends on the exact part number you plan to use? It's all covered on the data sheet.

Ron