Inverter and HMI control and alarm

Jonplynch

Joined Jan 28, 2012
Hi guys
I am having a small issue with the control of a conveyor. I have attached two drawings of the control side
Basically the start stop is controlled by the HMI which starts the conveyor through an inverter but the last couple of days the conveyor has just stopped which feeds into a fryer and when it stops the product sits inside the fryer and burns. But when the belt stops I don't get any alarms and therefore the other conveyors which feeds this belt keeps sending product to it. I can see that if the circuit breaker which powers the inverter trips then I get a message on the HMI saying circuit tripped and when I reset it it all goes back to normal but the inverter stopping doesn't give an error message but from the drawing I don't think it is configured to do this am I wrong? Also the motor is fine and rated at the proper current and power rating as too is the inverter amperage and power rating. Everything looks ok but I don't know why it just stops

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The first drawing shows 3 temperature switches but no clue how they relate. If the motor just stops then something is happening. FIRST check all of the connections, both at the motor and at the driver then see if there is some way to monitor the control signals that the system does not report to the HMI. In addition, check that there is not a mechanical problem in the drive system. It may be that you actually need to watch the system to see what happens to cause the stop. In one instance I found the machine stopping because the operator was tripping the light curtain so as to get a smoke break. The operator was not at all happy when I found that problem.