Intergrated IC packages

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
Hi every one.

Need your help? I need to find a micro-controller that has a thickness of 0.3mm up to 0.5mm. The length and width are not important.

I seen some IC packages from digikey with small packages at 0.5mm thickness.

Has anyone on here found any micro-contollers or use these smaller packages with a package thickness less then 0.5mm.

I'm looking for ICs from ATMEL,Cypress,Maxium,Microchip, etc. Or any other company who makes Micro-controllers.

I know there are thousands of parts out there.But maybe someone on here used or came across a company who has these smaller IC packages.
all help is need. thank you.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hi every one.

Need your help? I need to find a micro-controller that has a thickness of 0.3mm up to 0.5mm. The length and width are not important.

Has anyone on here found any micro-contollers or use these smaller packages with a package thickness less then 0.5mm.

I'm looking for ICs from ATMEL,Cypress,Maxium,Microchip, etc. Or any other company who makes Micro-controllers.

I know there are thousands of parts out there.But maybe someone on here used or came across a company who has these smaller IC packages.
BGA's _Ball grid array.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi every one.

Buy just the die, mount it to a board, bond wires to it then glob over with epoxy.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
There really should be a dislike button. It's that simple huh? Let's see you do this.
Not so impossible. Hanna Montana toy guitar. The main processor chip is done this way. I find it in many things. It is also possible to put the chip in top-side down using solder balls to make the connection.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Not so impossible. Hanna Montana toy guitar. The main processor chip is done this way. I find it in many things. It is also possible to put the chip in top-side down using solder balls to make the connection.

I want to see you do it. Not some company that has near endless resources.

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
No other specs? Why is height of the chip your most important. What you need to be doing is looking at standard packaging instead of a chip. But even QFN is .75mm high.

http://www.electronicproducts.com/Passive_Components/QFN_package_reduces_height.aspx

And if you are asking this question the way you are asking it, it is highly likely you lack the skills to work with such small packaging.
How would you know what skill's I have. That's right you know it all.WOW?

Last edited:

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
UQFN's are 0.5mm thick. Small little buggers. Many modern PICs are available with this package.

Yes? Your right I seen them to. At digikey But looking for smaller size. But still have not located any micro-controllers smaller then the 0.5mm.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I seen UQFN package at 0.5mm in thickness at Digikey. You didn't look hard enough.
Sure -- distributors have all the answers, but aren't necessarily the authoritative source.
It has been my experience in a career spanning half a century that by the time a package gets a standard definition the dimensions don't change much from manufacturer to manufacturer. If you have all the answers then by all means continue the quest; far be it for me to stand in your way.

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
No you didn't look hard enough. It is your project not ours. If you know all of the answers why did you ask?

No? I did look and found 0.5mm packages. I asked because I can and its a forum for help.Which you haven't given any. And maybe someone else on here other then YOU.Can GIVE Help. That has seen or use IC packages less then 0.5mm. Didn't I say 0.3mm to 0.5mm. Next time read it right.
And there's many ICs out there. Can not know all of them. Can you? You mention project. I didn't. I mentioned IC packages. I don't know all the answers. But? it seems like you do.But the only thing I got from YOU. Is Useless comments.

Etronic

Joined Oct 7, 2011
Sure -- distributors have all the answers, but aren't necessarily the authoritative source.
It has been my experience in a career spanning half a century that by the time a package gets a standard definition the dimensions don't change much from manufacturer to manufacturer. If you have all the answers then by all means continue the quest; far be it for me to stand in your way.

No I don't have all the answers.I never said I did. This is way I ask. If I did. would not post. Your comment is useless.Half a century.That's all you have to give. Useless.