interfacing to microcontroller

sampath k

Joined Apr 11, 2016
i want to interface bar code to 89s52 atmel micro controller please help me regarding this program.

Mods Edit:
Email account was deleted.
Please don't post Email on forum, it will bring the spam robotics to the forum and you.

vpoko

Joined Jan 5, 2012
How this normally works is you ask your specific question here, and if anyone has expertise, they answer them here so that others can benefit from the answers. Nobody's going to personally email you.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Get a bar code reader with an output type you both understand and can easily handle, such as RS-232.

Then connect it thru an RS-232 to logic converter to the appropriate place on your micro controller.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It would help immensely if you could point to a bar code reader you might be interested in so we can look at the technical manual to see what kind if interface it has. That way we can recommend a proper strategy for accomplishing your goal.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
We are at nine posts and you still have not identified the bar code reader you are using, except to suggest that it has a USB interface. IMHO, since no version of the 89S52 has USB hardware, you will need to find a USB controller to do this interface. I don't think that an 89S52 has the horsepower to bit-bang a USB interface, at least not a full speed (12 MHz.) USB 2.0 compatible connection.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
We are at nine posts and you still have not identified the bar code reader you are using, except to suggest that it has a USB interface. IMHO, since no version of the 89S52 has USB hardware, you will need to find a USB controller to do this interface. I don't think that an 89S52 has the horsepower to bit-bang a USB interface, at least not a full speed (12 MHz.) USB 2.0 compatible connection.
i ball bar code from #7 == http://www.iball.co.in/category/Barcode-Scanners/226

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thanks for the link. It was unclear from Post #7 what the poster was referring to. I thought he was describing a type of bar code since I had never heard of the company or their reader. Poster's should be aware that communicating in textspeak (all lower case letters) has certain manifest disadvantages. If he had said: "I'm using a bar code reader from the "i ball" company that would have been most helpful.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Lovely website -- but,
  1. Which scanner are you using?
  2. How do I access the technical documentation?
Maybe the modern technique is to avoid language problems with text and just transfer information by osmosis.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Thanks for the link. It was unclear from Post #7 what the poster was referring to. I thought he was describing a type of bar code since I had never heard of the company or their reader. Poster's should be aware that communicating in textspeak (all lower case letters) has certain manifest disadvantages. If he had said: "I'm using a bar code reader from the "i ball" company that would have been most helpful.
At this point I don't think OP using textspeak. I think we are having language problem. If I understand correctly the OP is from India. And while they do use English for education, the quality of English varies greatly. Some individuals are more fluent than others.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Communication is more than words. Capitalization, punctuation, and word selection are equally important. His shortcoming was to conflate the bar code itself with a bar code reader. Since "i ball" is an Indian company, there is no apriori reason why I would know or recognize that; he could have drawn attention to that fact by providing the link which you did for him. This is his project and he needs to show some industry in order to receive the help he seeks. Maybe he has a friend with greater knowledge of English that can help him compose his questions.

Last edited: