interfacing adc0804

ohorit

Joined Mar 8, 2008
hello all.frdz i need a help on some basic procedures of interfacing.when i interface adc0804 with my pc how does it work?i mean how can my pc show me the digital value?can any of you explain me the procedures?
also i need the coding of adc0804 for running itin the pc.where can i find this sort of codings which will show me the digital value of converted signal in adc?
i will be highly glad if ne1 can help me in this topic.thnk you.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The data sheet of the ADC804 will contain all the details about implementing the device with a computer. Although if you are actually going to use a modern pc running Windows, this may turn into a challenge. You will probably have to use the parallel port to use the ADC804.

This is a link to a section of the AAC Ebook that speaks about A to D converters - http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/chpt_13/10.html. Reading this material may help you understand more about the process.

After you have looked the material over, come back with more specific questions.

ohorit

Joined Mar 8, 2008
i want to use matlab for reading the parallel port value after using the adc.but where can i find the code for matlab to read the o/p port?