interfacing 8051 with serial eprom

kris

Joined Dec 4, 2006
help!! urgent.... can anybody help me out with th assembly language code for interfacing 89c51 with serial eeprom( 24c04)... pls help me out.. mine is not working.. it is urgen..
thanx...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Like ways to skin cats, there are many ways to work with external devices using microprocessors. What kind of code have you written so far? What is the problem you are having with using the serial eprom?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
help!! urgent.... can anybody help me out with th assembly language code for interfacing 89c51 with serial eeprom( 24c04)... pls help me out.. mine is not working.. it is urgen..
thanx...
This is a nearly trivial task. You break down the waveforms required by the datasheet of the 24C04. Then you pick a couple of port pins on the 89C51 and you make those port pins behave like the pictures in the datasheet. With respect to the timing diagrams you can always go slower but not faster.

For the 80C51 architecture you want to concentrate on the instuctions which set and clear individual bits, and the no operation instruction to space things out a bit.

Rich (BB code):
setb -- set a bit to a 1.  This is a read-modify-write instruction
clr  -- clear a bit to 0.  This is a read-modify-write instruction
nop  -- no operation
The feeling of accomplishment you'll get from doing this on your own is well worth the effort.

moxi_sos

Joined Dec 5, 2006
hey i ve the c code for the serial eeprom using i2c technlogoy. it uses the normal port pins as a i2c wires. its workin all fine!!!

ravikumar

Joined Sep 17, 2007
hey i ve the c code for the serial eeprom using i2c technlogoy. it uses the normal port pins as a i2c wires. its workin all fine!!!
hello sir,
can u send the c/asm code for the serial eeprom using i2c technlogoy as it is required for my project, as it is one of the part of the project.
mailid: ravikumar@easunreyrolle.net

waiting for the reply,
Ravikumar

plz provide me the same... universal_fren@yahoo.com

I am building a prepaid energy system that uses two systems of Prepayement...

1. Is Smart Card ( EEPROM model )
2. Communication to Server where a Prepaid Card no. is Transmitted and Server sends the balance to meter .
Is it possuible ?