Intercom and video/cctv design

skusku

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Hi

I want to implement a few different intercom solutions into a stm cortex m4 or m7:
1) 2 way full duplex voice intercom
2) a 2way video intercom
3) view ip cameras

I am just looking for some pointers in terms of the intercom circuits. For example the MC34018 chipset seems to be exactly what I am looking for if it is just a voice intercom. Is there any IC's for the video part of it and any links you guys happen to know that will assist in implementing the view of IP camera's on the m4/m7? Do I need to use FreeRTOS if this will simplify the design?

I am just trying to avoid writing a software video decoding protocall if there is chipsets already designed to do this.

Thanks

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi

I want to implement a few different intercom solutions into a stm cortex m4 or m7:
1) 2 way full duplex voice intercom
2) a 2way video intercom
3) view ip cameras

I am just looking for some pointers in terms of the intercom circuits. For example the MC34018 chipset seems to be exactly what I am looking for if it is just a voice intercom. Is there any IC's for the video part of it and any links you guys happen to know that will assist in implementing the view of IP camera's on the m4/m7? Do I need to use FreeRTOS if this will simplify the design?

I am just trying to avoid writing a software video decoding protocall if there is chipsets already designed to do this.

Thanks
Which development environment do you plan to use?