inter-generational friction over career choices

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello Sir.
That was pretty good I was waiting for a poignant synopsis of intergenerational play.
Motivations for different generations ,boomers, gen X, millennials, and Gen Z An honest day's pay for an honest day's work isn't always the case.O'my... I just caught myself, I sound just like my father.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hello Sir.
That was pretty good I was waiting for a poignant synopsis of intergenerational play.
Motivations for different generations ,boomers, gen X, millennials, and Gen Z An honest day's pay for an honest day's work isn't always the case.O'my... I just caught myself, I sound just like my father.
That's because one day we wake up and say "Oh my God, I have become my father".

Ron

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
Yeah, but not very original. Consider this from 1968. Waiting for the Electrician, Firesign Theater. Kid comes home from school-

Mom: Malcolm X John Lennon, come on in and dig your mother.
kid: Aw mom, I can’t now. I gotta go do my homewo… I, I mean I gotta meet my connections.
Mom: You can’t fool me, you’re in one of those underground study cells aren’t you?
kid: NO!
Mom: It’ll kill your father. I didn’t breast feed you for 14 years for this. Come here baby.
kid: But mom I’m not hungry.
kid: Straightneck, do yourself a favor, be groovy. Now sit down, turn on and tune in the TV.
kid: But mom I don’t wanna watch television.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, but not very original. Consider this from 1968. Waiting for the Electrician, Firesign Theater. Kid comes home from school-

Mom: Malcolm X John Lennon, come on in and dig your mother.
kid: Aw mom, I can’t now. I gotta go do my homewo… I, I mean I gotta meet my connections.
Mom: You can’t fool me, you’re in one of those underground study cells aren’t you?
kid: NO!
Mom: It’ll kill your father. I didn’t breast feed you for 14 years for this. Come here baby.
kid: But mom I’m not hungry.
kid: Straightneck, do yourself a favor, be groovy. Now sit down, turn on and tune in the TV.
kid: But mom I don’t wanna watch television.
OMG, thanks for that memory, Firesign Theater, haven't heard that name in years. It was great. Firesign Theater and National Lampoon's Comedy Hour on the radio. :)

Ron