Integrator Op amp LTSpice

Dee Miz

Joined Nov 20, 2015
I needed to get a square input waveform and sawtooth output waveform with gain 10 and frequency of 5k Hz. I'm having problem because the input i got is a sine wave and output of cosine. I've calculated all the values of capacitor and resistor and apparently I have to play around with my clamp value. I've included the .asm file for your review. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Start by inputting a square wave!! It is you who should make that to happen.

Simply go to the settings of your input signal and explore how the option "pulse" works.

BTW, .asm means probably "assembly".

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I needed to get a square input waveform and sawtooth output waveform with gain 10 and frequency of 5k Hz. I'm having problem because the input i got is a sine wave and output of cosine. I've calculated all the values of capacitor and resistor and apparently I have to play around with my clamp value. I've included the .asm file for your review. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
The Duck Test:
If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck, then it must be a duck.....errr troll -- maybe.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Bordodynov

This time it seems you missed the point; the OP is expecting to get a sawtooth, inputting a squarewave. Not a duck, sorry, sinewave.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I took only part of the problem. I was baffled placed in the scheme. Tomorrow I'll converter circuit of rectangular pulses in the triangular.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Dee Miz, you need to input a square-wave in your circuit as atferrari stated but the bigger question is why are you powering the op amp with a sine wave? :confused: Is that a cut and paste mistake?
Op amps need DC power.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
The AC power supply I found an error occurred while copying and inattention.
Here are pictures of the integrator for the use of the phase shift in the sine of 90 degrees. And also to obtain a triangular voltage. I applied an additional op amp as an integrator for the stabilization of the operating point. The dc component of the output voltage is zero.SIN_COS4.png
and
Integr.png

Dee Miz

Joined Nov 20, 2015
@Dee Miz

Can you post the exact assignment as received by your professor?

Are there any constraints imposed by the professor (number of OPAMPs ... etc)?

Here is TI's document titled Application Guide for OPAMPS.

Thank you for your help but I've already submitted the report. I went with using a pulse input and got a triangle as my output. I think my professor might have mixed up the sine and pulse input which confuses me which lead to my dilemma. But I really want to thank you for your help and time.

The AC power supply I found an error occurred while copying and inattention.
Here are pictures of the integrator for the use of the phase shift in the sine of 90 degrees. And also to obtain a triangular voltage. I applied an additional op amp as an integrator for the stabilization of the operating point. The dc component of the output voltage is zero.View attachment 95835
and
View attachment 95836
Thank you very much for all your help. I went with the pulse input and got a triangle wave as an output. However, the triangle output was a little slanted but I will try and research on why. Thank you again for everything.

Dee Miz, you need to input a square-wave in your circuit as atferrari stated but the bigger question is why are you powering the op amp with a sine wave? :confused: Is that a cut and paste mistake?
Op amps need DC power.
I know. It wasn't a cut and paste mistake. I think my professor probably means to say pulse but he said sine instead which causes my confusion. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: