Inside 2n3055 BJT..

robo29

Joined Nov 24, 2016
Tax every one and make it 100000 times bigger
what is Definition of tax sir?
Source = 7,000* 1,00,000 = 70,00,00,000 =~70 crore
OK. i will keep in mind.
a compulsory contribution to state revenue, levied by the government on workers' income and business profits, or added to the cost of some goods, services, and transactions.

robo29

Joined Nov 24, 2016
There are people who managed to make their own crude silicon transistors. The amount you have might be enought to get that done, but you can forget about selling those to anyone. Unless you spend years developing the process the chips you make will not be anywhere close to be comparable to even 50 year old silicon parts.
how to learn this process?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The 3055 was never a darlington, that was my point. However the image attached by the TS is a darlington.

Sorry for the confusion.
How can you tell that it is a Darlington?

Here is what my guess is on the connections:

sn3055.jpg

I'm guessing that the interdigitated fingers are punchthrough devices for protection purposes, but may also be there to force a reasonably uniform current density through the chip.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
How can you tell that it is a Darlington?

Here is what my guess is on the connections:

View attachment 116148

I'm guessing that the interdigitated fingers are punchthrough devices for protection purposes, but may also be there to force a reasonably uniform current density through the chip.
The link says that it is a MJ1000 -- which is a Darlington.
From a Motorola data sheet:
• High DC Current Gain — hFE = 6000 (Typ) @ IC = 3.0 Adc
• Monolithic Construction with Built–in Base–Emitter Shunt Resistors

Maybe the base-emitter resistors are causing some confusion trying to figure out what is what.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How Can i start, in future plant of silicon manufacturing product in india uttarakhand?
First, find investors with a few hundred million dollars (and that's for a fab that can only make low-tech, old-gen stuff). Then hire lots of people that have lots of experience in all of the many different fields and jobs in a fab and that know what they are doing.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The link says that it is a MJ1000 -- which is a Darlington.
From a Motorola data sheet:
• High DC Current Gain — hFE = 6000 (Typ) @ IC = 3.0 Adc
• Monolithic Construction with Built–in Base–Emitter Shunt Resistors

Maybe the base-emitter resistors are causing some confusion trying to figure out what is what.
I don't think the base-emitter resistors are visible given the top metallization. But the interdigited structures might be related to the underlying resistors instead of punch-through devices.

I'll buy that it is a Darlington based on the link text saying it's an MJ1000 (I didn't look at the link text). That's probably what ErnieM was referring to.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
May be you can start by making your own point-contact transistor at home...:cool:;)

see this video by Jeri Ellsworth.

Allen
Jeri's an interesting person. I got to talk to her quite a bit several years ago at a conference where her table and mine were right next to each other. If I recall, her transistors were pretty crappy, but the fact that they were transistors and that they worked at all was pretty impressive for something she made in her home oven. I wonder if she's gotten anything that has been useful in a real demo circuit in the years since (I can't view the video with our current internet connection, maybe later).

robo29

Joined Nov 24, 2016
Actually my aim is to open
1. School
2. International university in my state
3. Chip manufacture
4. Flying Vehicle Aeroplane helicopter manufacturing
5. International Space research program.
6. thinking