Joined Feb 4, 2022

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Did you see this on the page?

Switching Output : Relays
Contact Output : NC/NO
Switching Frequency : 54 Hz

I wonder how long the relays may work at 54 Hz.

Did you also have a look at the "datasheet"?

Bertus

Attachments

Dadu@

Joined Feb 4, 2022
Hello,

Did you see this on the page?

Switching Output : Relays
Contact Output : NC/NO
Switching Frequency : 54 Hz

I wonder how long the relays may work at 54 Hz.
i don't understand what you mean. What can happen if the switching frequency is 54Hz?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
i don't understand what you mean. What can happen if the switching frequency is 54Hz?
That is the carrier freq of the signal not the operating freq of the relays. Possibly meant to be 54 Khz?
The output is N.O. or N.C. contact.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The output is a relay, i.e. it is a SPST switch. There is no voltage supplied to the output by the device. You connect a voltage to the common terminal, that voltage appears on the NC terminal when not activated and the NO terminal when activated. No need for an optocoupler since it is already isolated.

Bob

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
IOW, as described, the C(om) and either the N.O. or the N.C. can be connected directly to an input on your Micro.
The input of which would normally be pulled up to 5v or switched, pulled down, to micro common supply.

Dadu@

Joined Feb 4, 2022
As given in the datesheet, it can activate for minimum 12V DC - maximum 24V DC

In datasheet My question is, will it activate on the 5V DC?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That is quite a bunch of words that the link in post #1 connects to. But they do not make much sense, or have much meaning. In fact the description is sort of meaningless propaganda, typical of the disreputable sales organizations.

But now if the TS does not understand about normally open contacts or about relays I predict not much success. Relay contacts feeding a digital input should work, but not understanding what "relay contacts" means tells me no it will not work.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Bill,
I don't know what you are reading, but the datasheet @bertus posted is easy enough to follow.

With due respect, your post is gibberish, misleading, misinformed nonsense.

E

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A little tricky. Looking at the receiver it uses dry contact relay out but while they mention Form C it really isn't. This is what you have from the manual:

IR System.png

The receiver only has a Com and Out terminal. Connect the com to +5 Volts, use a pull up or pull down at your uC input. Some uC digital inputs van be programmed for Internal pull up eliminating the need for an external pull up resistor. In the above the com is tied low to ground so the out is switched low when active.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Referencing the circuit in post#17, I wonder if that "COM" terminal is tied to other than the relay contact common. Why else would the assembly have the two supply terminals AND a common terminal??

Dadu@

Joined Feb 4, 2022
The receiver only has a Com and Out terminal. Connect the com to +5 Volts, use a pull up or pull down at your uC input. Some uC digital inputs van be programmed for Internal pull up eliminating the need for an external pull up resistor. In the above the com is tied low to ground so the out is switched low when active.

Ron
Hi Ron,

According to what you said, the connection looks like this,
IMG_20220423_154612.jpg

but I do not understand how to add pull up resistor in diagram

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The OUT terminal should go directly to the MCU pin snd the 10K should be between that connection and ground. That makes it a pull down resistor, which keep the MCU input low when the relay contact is open.

Bob