Information for making the most of using a toilet

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Here are some tips and you can write your too.

1. Always wipe the seat with wet toilet paper- first it should be clean, and also to avoid bacteria.

2. If there is a large object in the bowl which doesnt flush properly here's a stunning trick: cover it generously with toilet paper. It will flush down, because the area exposed to the water stream is much bigger.

3. Dont make mobile phone calls from the toilet. Really, are you serious? Its happening in shopping malls and companies all the time. I wouldnt want to be called from a toilet.

4. If you use public toilet do flush it, dont try to save water. Its quite annoying for the next person.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
2. If there is a large object in the bowl which doesnt flush properly here's a stunning trick: cover it generously with toilet paper. It will flush down, because the area exposed to the water stream is much bigger.
For that second point... I'd also suggest walking into the stall armed with a baseball bat or a low caliber gun to kill the large object that refuses to be flushed...

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
If you practice it like explained you'll have a higher level of hygiene.

Oh, here's one more, slightly anatomic:

5. you can actually learn how to do the procedure without toilet paper, when you try to control the relevant muscles appropiately.

Maybe you laugh but its a big topic. In many countries not all people can use even a simple toilet.
There is no awareness of neccessary hygiene either.

6. Its possible to modify the flush mechanism so you can turn it off before all the water has been used.

I think, and I'm certain to say, writing these few and easy steps 100 times on a blackboard would give more benefit to mankind than the "music" lessons we received in school, learning the notes system without even hearing or seeing printed one single partiture of a music piece.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
In Singapore you receive a public canning and a heavy fine if caught urinating in public especially in an elevator, it is also against the law and comes with a heavy fine if you omit to flush the toilet.
Chewing gum is also heavily frowned on!
Max.

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
What was your lasting memory from the last time you used the toilet in a commercial aircraft. I am not talking about number 1, it's the number 2 that brings it home. Stuck into a oddly shaped cramped space, buffeted by 600 MPH winds at 32 thousand feet altitude. They call that toilet paper??? That's not toilet paper! I have envelope address labels that are bigger than that. CRAP! And that blue water....Ohhh, just forget it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You're telling a bunch of high tech nerds how to wipe their butts? :eek:
I think you have addressed the wrong audience.

ps, I had no idea things were so bad in Ireland. :(

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That is a nice homage to a vital part of our anatomy. A general surgeon I knew used to sum up the complex role of the anus by a simple thought experiment. In his experiment, he would take a mason jar, add some stones, sand, mud and a little water, and shake it up. He would then ask, how do you let only the gas out the bottom?

John

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
One of the most challenging problems in Chemical Engineering is 3-phase flow, solid, liquid and gas. Handled for us readily by the humble anus. Knock on wood.