Inductor Current Balancing

T.t. Huat

Joined Jul 17, 2017
Hi,
I would like to ask for suggestion/article that can teach me how to calculate / perform and solve inductor current balancing for my multiphase non-isolated dc-dc converter. Have been working on this problem for quite some times and still unable to find a good way to balance out the inductors currents for my dc-dc converter. If possible, i wish someone can share with me their experience and articles/videos/website that can show me step-by-step how to sort this out.

T.t. Huat

Joined Jul 17, 2017
Post your schematic so I know what you are talking about.
upload_2017-7-18_10-31-12.png
Above is my schematic diagram for 4 phases DC-DC converter. I am trying to design a current control loop to balance out the inductor currents. In this case, the converter is operating in boost mode. The parameters are Vin=10V, Vout=20V, Rload=10ohm, Iload=2A, Inductor=10mH, Capacitor=5uF, Switching Frequency=20kHz, Resistance for Inductor 1, 2, 3, and 4 are 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 0.9ohm respectively. As far as i understand, the inductor current for each phase has to be equal to prevent any floating current or unbalance current.
The graph below is my inductor currents and as it shows the inductor currents are not same for each phase.
upload_2017-7-18_10-30-10.png

Attachments