Induction cooking and variable frequency

thecowweb

Joined Mar 10, 2016
Hello everyone I would like to make an induction cooking with different frequency values. To do this I have a few Hz to 2 MHz function generator and I would feed the cooking coil with those signals, but I must amplify them. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hello everyone I would like to make an induction cooking with different frequency values. To do this I have a few Hz to 2 MHz function generator and I would feed the cooking coil with those signals, but I must amplify them. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance
Most induction cookers rely on the resonance of a capacitor and the element so they need a frequency that matches where those are resonant.
You can read up on induction heaters on the internet. Most of those are aimed at heating up "things" but the principal is the same.

thecowweb

Joined Mar 10, 2016
Thanks for your answer, but I've a function generator, and I wish to use it to frequency control the feed to the coil; I know that the coil of an inductor cooker is about from 140 to 240 KHz and for this I'm trying to make a circuit like this (look the image). In theory it's simple but I'm not finding an example to apply ... Thank yo u in advance for your help :(:):):):):):):)
schema circuito.jpg

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Thanks for your answer, but I've a function generator, and I wish to use it to frequency control the feed to the coil; I know that the coil of an inductor cooker is about from 140 to 240 KHz and for this I'm trying to make a circuit like this (look the image). In theory it's simple but I'm not finding an example to apply ... Thank yo u in advance for your help :(:):):):):):):)
View attachment 102276
Something like this might work. I don't know the specs on your coil so I guessed.:D

Attachments