Increase Power from Audio Amp

Vuqar Umudov

Joined Jan 14, 2018
Hello. I have built 2 speaker boxes. Each box has 2 speakers. 25 Watts (8 OHM) and 3 Watts (8 OHM). But sound is low. I want to add simple amplifier. Who can help me?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello. I have built 2 speaker boxes. Each box has 2 speakers. 25 Watts (8 OHM) and 3 Watts (8 OHM). But sound is low. I want to add simple amplifier. Who can help me?
Many home-bhilt speakers don't have enough venting. Venting prevents low frequency (bass) resonances AND requires less energy for the speaker to rebound (compress) the air volume in the box. You'll be surprised how much louder venting adds. Look online for vent size calculators for speakers.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Porting/venting the enclosure can increase efficiency, but typically in narrow frequency bands and at a cost to efficiency at other frequencies, especially frequencies below the resonant frequency of the system.

Buying a small inexpensive amp is almost certainly cheaper than building something equivalent yourself. There are several inexpensive small amps for sale online. Just check the power input requirements, to keep cost down some don't have power supply sections and require higher than expected input voltage for maximum output. Check ebay, amazon, etc..

Unless you want to build one yourself for the fun of it. :)