In the hospital

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I always believed you always worked alone, Número 12.
I usually did work alone, mostly because I am fully qualified and licensed in my trade, but so was he, and some jobs require a lot of labor. We worked together a lot in 1978 and less every year after because I taught him. Still, every year contained jobs that would take 3 men 16 hours or 5 men for 6 weeks. We thought differently, and that was our strength. Between the two of us, we never met a job we couldn't do.

After 4 months, the pain is about finished.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
1) No, my old partner was miserable at spelling. :p
2) Spinnaker checked in late on 28th of March. :)

(Last night)

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Spinnaker, sorry you've been ill. Being in the hospital, particularly for extended periods of time, is no picnic - but beats the heck out of being in a morgue.

Hope you continue to get well, and succesfully make that transition to a healthier lifestyle.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Spinnaker, sorry you've been ill. Being in the hospital, particularly for extended periods of time, is no picnic - but beats the heck out of being in a morgue.

Hope you continue to get well, and succesfully make that transition to a healthier lifestyle.
Thanks. I guess I should not complain. It was nothing compared to what you went through. I feel better each day which is good. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to put this all behind me.

I hope all is well with you and all of the major issues are now behind you.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I spent one night last week in ER. It took them 6 hours to do a CT scan to tell me I had two kidney stones. Half of that time was spent writhing in excruciating pain before they shot me up with morphine. Then they sent me home with more pain medicine.

I hear drinking a lot of beer is the prescribed home remedy. Flushes out the stones and numbs the pain at the same time. Like killing two birds with one stone. Or should that be killing two stones with one bird?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I expect that a lot of us have had kidney stones. The first one struck me so quickly and so harshly that I went blind for a couple of minutes! My cure was to quit eating pizza and Coke in the Summer. The clue was in the analysis of the so-called, "stones". Pay attention, it could serve you well!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I spent one night last week in ER. It took them 6 hours to do a CT scan to tell me I had two kidney stones. Half of that time was spent writhing in excruciating pain before they shot me up with morphine. Then they sent me home with more pain medicine.

I hear drinking a lot of beer is the prescribed home remedy. Flushes out the stones and numbs the pain at the same time. Like killing two birds with one stone. Or should that be killing two stones with one bird?
It worked for my grandfather about 30 years ago. He went all in. It was Funny to see an old geezer drink a whole 12-pack in about 3 or 4 hours time and act like a teenager. Poor guy had not felt the spinning bed or dry heaves since he was a teenager. He never even felt the stones pass. He was sure grumpy the next day though.