IGBT Gate driver

nubcookie

Joined Apr 27, 2009
Hi Guys

I have been told to learn how a gate driver works and really dont have a clue, ive searched the net but not too sure if the results are what i want.

If anyone could give me some links to pages that explain how gate drivers work in general i would really appreciate it

Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Why not start with researching how an IGBT works and what it necessary to control the gate? IXYS and International Rectifier both make IGBT's.

3ldon

Joined Jan 9, 2010
Hi Guys

I have been told to learn how a gate driver works and really dont have a clue, ive searched the net but not too sure if the results are what i want.

If anyone could give me some links to pages that explain how gate drivers work in general i would really appreciate it

Thanks
A google search for "IGBT gate driver returns hundreds of documents, as do the suggections at the bottom of the first page
igbt gate drive optocouplerigbt gate drive datasheetigbt gate drive projectshcpl 314jhigh voltage gate drivermosfet gate driverigbt gate driverigbt gate drive circuitso me thinks you are looking for a textbook answer.
IGBT's and fets are a voltage controlled device with a high input capacitance requiring high quality drivers to minimise on and off transition times