IEC standards for electrical connector

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Fanfire174, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Fanfire174

Thread Starter Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Hello

I'm looking help to understand the information given in this link https://webstore.iec.ch/publication/29013 I don't understand what the information given in this page. I'm guessing IEC has some standards for electrical connectors. Specification of the manufacturing connector in a factory should be meet with IEC standards.

I don't know what are the test method and requirement. Can somebody help me to understand what is the information in the given link?

Thank you

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    This page offers the ability to purchase and download the relevant IEC bulletin related to the standard you are interested in.
    Max.

3. Fanfire174

Thread Starter Member

Mar 13, 2018
    What's the meaning of this paragraph

4. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    The bulletin states the standards required for means of compression for the mechanical connectors, (Lugs etc), I assume it indicates the required force exerted by the particular tooling involved in the process.
    Max.

Fanfire174 likes this.
  5. Fanfire174

Thread Starter Member

Mar 13, 2018
    If I'm not wrong, I think below image shows the example of power cable and mechanical connectors.

[​IMG]

How the power cable and mechanical connectors relate to IEC standards ?

6. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Correct, one type.
    At one time many jurisdictions allowed the sweating (solder) on of lugs such as those, now most only allow compression.
    Max.