Identifying old amplifier.

hitu26787

Joined Nov 14, 2022
T
Certainly there were bass speakers, but the subwoofer for that thumping bass was not part of most music systems at the time. My Marantz system has 8 inch woofers, and produced very nice rock, back in 1985. But there were no sub-base sounds.
That came mostly with the "RAP" sound, which I do not put in the same realm as any actual music.

TDA 1521, 23807, HSH9210 4 I am guessing that the HSH is the plant code for the IC, 92 is the year,10 is for October, and 4 is the day. Most larger semiconductor devices do have a date code that is for quality control purposes. This is my interpretation. That would have the amp being close to30years old, since all of the parts would be a bit older than the assembly.
True... Mfg year on transformer is 1993....i was curious if i can add bluetooth modul in this and attach in 1 speaker for personal use. But m scared as it ll run on power supply that was powering whole music system which is also 30 y o.
Can u tell me whether I can add bt in that AMP IN slot with separate 5v power from battery. Just wanna try whether it works or not...
And if dosen't work which 2.1 amplifier ic bord i can use for around 100 w total power output.

hitu26787

Joined Nov 14, 2022
He said that the old stereo system uses 10" to 12" speakers.
Many sub-woofers are 10" or 12".

My stereo speakers are 8" and with a little bass-boost they sound like there is a sub-woofer.
10-12" Is cone size... Magnate size is just 3". So i guess they are just normal speakers.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The amplifier will draw the power it needs and so the power supply system will run cooler than before. Possibly a point is available to provide 5 volts after a bit of filtering. That might be the 6 volts circuit for the cassette deck motors. It is already DC, so a power tab regulator ,LM7805 or equal, and a capacitor, and there is power for the bluetooth portion.