Identifying a part in a component

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's a temperature fuse
From the picture I can see is 121°C. ( it ain't clear).
That is the fuse threshold. Fuse opens if temp goes beyond that and needs to be replaced.
Mind you. Soldering is not an option unless you got experience. I can solder those without destroying them. I dunno any other who can.
You need to crimp a new one

Deleted member 440916

Joined Dec 31, 1969
It's a temperature fuse
From the picture I can see is 121°C. ( it ain't clear).
That is the fuse threshold. Fuse opens if temp goes beyond that and needs to be replaced.
Mind you. Soldering is not an option unless you got experience. I can solder those without destroying them. I dunno any other who can.
You need to crimp a new one
You can solder them if you heatsink the lead on the fuse side of the solder joint, gripping the lead tightly in a pair of pliers and doing the soldering very quick usually works :)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Experience in soldering on to components that are sensitive to heat.
Whether you clamp a plier or not on to that fuse, if you take your time trying to solder wire to that, it will open. Period.
Been there, Done that.

of what, trying always to have the last word :)
I dunno what ur problem is but I hold onto what I said.

jkaiser20

Joined Aug 9, 2016
Experience in soldering on to components that are sensitive to heat.
Whether you clamp a plier or not on to that fuse, if you take your time trying to solder wire to that, it will open. Period.
Been there, Done that.

I dunno what ur problem is but I hold onto what I said.
I think you missed where he said 'very quick'

SaleB

Joined Jul 3, 2017
You do not need to solder the thermal fuse to the ends. You can twist the ends of the fuse to the locations where the former element was connected and use some thin strip of steel to secure one wire to the other. I have used three methods, and these are, twisting tight one wire around the other; spot-welding (not soldering), a fantastic method if you have a spot welder at hand; crimping the wires together with a piece of a blade connector, like this part:
upload_2017-7-3_19-28-30.png
All of these methods are applicable. The resistor packs continue to work for many years. But spot welding is the best option, so if you have someone who works on battery cell replacement and has a spot welder at hand, it's the best option in my opinion

Attachments