Identify the diode type and name

Haseeb Iqbal

Joined Feb 26, 2016
Hi, I am new to this forum.
My Toyota car's smart key remote was not working, I give it to one electrician locally. he fixed it but the key seems to work slowly and even sometimes it does not work PROPERLY.
like for e.g when you usually press any button (lock/unlock) on any smart key remote, the LED light glows indicating that the button is pressed.

BUT WITH MY SMART KEY REMOTE, SOMETIMES THE LIGHT GLOWS AND SOMETIMES IT DOESNT EVEN THOUGH THE CAR DO LOCK/UNLOCK.
FURTHERMORE, EVEN SOMETIMES THE LIGHT KEEPS ON GLOWING FOR A WHILE AND KEY STOPS WORKING FOR THAT INSTANT AND WHEN THE LIGHT IS GONE THE KEY STARTS WORKING AFTER 2 SECS OF THAT
LIKE THE INTERNAL SYSTEM HAS hung LIKE OLD WINDOWS PC. LOL

I came here(to this forum) to identify what is the component that he replaced. the electrician is quite expensive, though.
I think he replaced it with the wrong component but first what type of diode is this and what does this code means PRINTED ON IT?

PLEASE SEE THE IMAGES OF DIODE, I HAVE EXPLAINED IT FURTHER.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME PEOPLES.

i was not able to upload the picture. so here is the link to the picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Z-0IwlZ2_yMWU2dVhidE9FYzg/view?usp=sharing
thanks

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Surface mount codes AA and AS. I think they are either diodes or tantalum capacitors.
Other people here are better at this than I am.
In other words, I can't remember where to find the codes right now.

Haseeb Iqbal

Joined Feb 26, 2016
Surface mount codes AA and AS. I think they are either diodes or tantalum capacitors.
Other people here are better at this than I am.
In other words, I can't remember where to find the codes right now.
Thank you for replying. I am amazed how fast these forums are.
I'm also trying to figure out what these things are? either by codes or their picture. if anyone could help!!!
thanks buddy, I really appreciate your effort. :)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Sounds like its a Varicap diode, and the extra solder is adding capacitance to it, or the heat has altered it,causing it to be off-tune, making a slight delay.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
These pocket fobs are all over the auto parts stores and the locksmith stores. I don't know why you would spend good money for something so easy to replace.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
These pocket fobs are all over the auto parts stores and the locksmith stores. I don't know why you would spend good money for something so easy to replace.
If it came with the car, its most likely rolling code so an off the shelf item won't know the right code to send.

If it was that easy - the villains would be giving the locksmiths a roaring trade.

Haseeb Iqbal

Joined Feb 26, 2016
If it came with the car, its most likely rolling code so an off the shelf item won't know the right code to send.

If it was that easy - the villains would be giving the locksmiths a roaring trade.
is there any way to fix it?
or any other way to fix the delay in the circuit.
By examining circuit can anyone please what component would be post probably causing it to hang and work slowly?