Identify electronic part

gerad.mcginty

Joined Dec 31, 2014
Hi,

I have a grinder that is now N/O and there is no manufacturer details on it (unbranded) so i a cant order parts for it at the moment, so I opened it up and traced the fault to an electronic part (rectangular piece with 3 wires, this part fits in line between the on off switch and the carbon brushes, one wire goes to one brush and the other goes to the other brush and the other comes from the on/off switch.
Does anyone know what this does so i can find a suitable replacement part for it...the numbers/specs on the side of it say ( RT230 12A HT1320 - TUV 250v 50/60hz K-J ), eg might it be a noise suppressor or a voltage stabiliser or ??,

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Hi,

I have a grinder that is now N/O and there is no manufacturer details on it (unbranded) so i a cant order parts for it at the moment, so I opened it up and traced the fault to an electronic part (rectangular piece with 3 wires, this part fits in line between the on off switch and the carbon brushes, one wire goes to one brush and the other goes to the other brush and the other comes from the on/off switch.
Does anyone know what this does so i can find a suitable replacement part for it...the numbers/specs on the side of it say ( RT230 12A HT1320 - TUV 250v 50/60hz K-J ), eg might it be a noise suppressor or a voltage stabiliser or ??,
It's a starter module RT230-12for a Robi CH159962
https://www.choukapieces.com/pieces-detachees/CH159962/module-de-demarrage-rt230-12a.htm

l