I will have my product prototype soon, now, how to....?

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Hi,
I was working throughout the past a few months on some personal project, I'm done with the PCB and soon will have the 3D printed encloser ready for it. This is my first project and dont really know what to do next! I dont know how to manufacture it in large quantities and start maketing it! I dont have any idea about how hard it is to do it on my own 100%! Is it easier to partner some manufacturer or any other tech company! Can I partner with them while I am an individual and not a real formal business? Can I trust any? Should I stick my options within the US or seek help from outside the US? Beside many other related questions.
Any ideas please!

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I think you first have to do some research to establish if there really is a market for your product and how many you are likely to sell.
You also need to know about all the hoops you will have to jump through to ensure that the product meets all local (and possibly international) regulations regarding safety and EMI.
Consider too, that if your product begins to sell successfully it will inevitably be cloned by some off-shore outfit and sold at half the price you are asking, so you would want a second product in the pipeline.

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
I think you first have to do some research to establish if there really is a market for your product and how many you are likely to sell.
You also need to know about all the hoops you will have to jump through to ensure that the product meets all local (and possibly international) regulations regarding safety and EMI.
I'm completely done with the first part of your answer, and I have a high positive expectations for my product. As for the regulations and other issues, thats why I need help of a real business to help me put the last touches before we start manufacturing and put it in market.

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Consider too, that if your product begins to sell successfully it will inevitably be cloned by some off-shore outfit and sold at half the price you are asking, so you would want a second product in the pipeline.
Also, I already submitted my Patent application online.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I need help of a real business
Indeed. If you can persuade an established business to take the project forward I think that would be your best option. Apart from the procedural/legal knowledge they would bring, they would also be better placed than an individual to face the expense of any patent infringement or other challenges.

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Indeed. If you can persuade an established business to take the project forward I think that would be your best option. Apart from the procedural/legal knowledge they would bring, they would also be better placed than an individual to face the expense of any patent infringement or other challenges.
So, in this case, do you know any trustworthy names that you may suggest? Knowing that my product is a small electronic device that may get millions and millions of people interested in using it(at least thats what I'm anticipating).