I want to learn AC with a 1.5 DC battery

wolly

Joined Jul 11, 2018
Should I use an inverter or a joule thief circuit?I want to understand how the voltage and the current changes at a specific time.The problem is that my battery is a low voltage type and I don't want to end up with a 1 minute testing.What are your opinions?Which one is better?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Have you watched those video's in that link.?
It is important that you do some self study.
Your question understand the change of voltages and currents in time? has no complete answer.

A Joule thief will enable you to light an LED from a 1.5V battery, until the battery discharges down to approx 0.7V
E

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
What shape of AC do you want? (Hint: square wave, sinewave, a flat line punctuated by a spike....)

And how much AC do you want in terms of volts and milliamps. Or more specifically, what is it that you intend to drive with this AC and what sort of thing do you want to learn from it.

Have you considered a step-down transformer connected to your power mains? Maybe the easiest and most versatile source of low voltage AC.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
How do you plan to study the AC? Do you have an oscilloscope to check the waveform?
BTW, a Joule thief circuit is one kind of inverter.

wolly

Joined Jul 11, 2018
I have another question.Which battery should I use?The 1,5v or 9v DC?I heard that if I use the 9 v the transformer will burn or the battery will burn and I don't know which one to use.Is 1,5 v safer than a 9 v battery?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
You have already answered your own question.
if I use the 9 v the transformer will burn or the battery will burn

Why don't you build a Joule Thief and use a 1.5v battery as recommended.??

wolly

Joined Jul 11, 2018
1)What is the specific time, 1 sec, 10 sec , 30 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 20 min?

2)Do you know what is current and what is voltage, what is load? (please check Ohm's law)

3)Do you know much current does a 9V battery have? (mA, A, please google)

4)Do you know what does the 20 volts means and what does the 20 A means ?
1)10 sec
2)Yeah,I do.Current is the electric charge that flows through a circuit.Voltage is the difference between the 2 points - and +.Load is the electrical charge.
3)500 mAh
4)Yeah.20 volts mean voltage and 20 A means electric current.I just realised that voltage doesn't change in a battery and that the current is the only one that changes.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
2)Yeah,I do.Current is the electric charge that flows through a circuit.Voltage is the difference between the 2 points - and +.Load is the electrical charge.
I think you need to re-study the basic conceptions to clearity your mind.

Vol. I - Direct Current (DC)
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/

Vol. II - Alternating Current (AC)
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/alternating-current/

3)500 mAh
Do you have a links or any info?

4)Yeah.20 volts mean voltage and 20 A means electric current.I just realised that voltage doesn't change in a battery and that the current is the only one that changes.
1.5V, 9V and 20V, what are their relationship?
What are the meaning of 1.5V, 9V, 20V and 20A and their relationship?
W = V*I = 20V * 20A = ? Watts (Do you know what's the meaning of that result?)
Why do you need 20V and 20A for?

wolly

Joined Jul 11, 2018
1)I think you need to re-study the basic conceptions to clearity your mind.

2)Do you have a links or any info?

3)1.5V, 9V and 20V, what are their relationship?
What are the meaning of 1.5V, 9V, 20V and 20A and their relationship?
W = V*I = 20V * 20A = ? Watts (Do you know what's the meaning of that result?)
Why do you need 20V and 20A for?
1)Why would I want to do that?
2)https://www.instructables.com/topics/How-many-amps-does-a-9-volt-battery-put-out/
3)There is no relationship between them.I just wanted to know which one is less dangerous,9 v over 1,5 v.
Also,I didn't asked the electrical power formula.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
1)Why would I want to do that?
Because maybe you know V and I, but not very clearly, so when you involve the V/I then you should know more details and have a clearly conception.

3)There is no relationship between them.I just wanted to know which one is less dangerous,9 v over 1,5 v.
Also,I didn't asked the electrical power formula.
When you involve the V/I then the W will come up with you automatically, you can't ignore it and you should focus and specific the V/I, what are the V/I values that you want or what kind of device that you want to use then our helpers could give you the appropriate suggestion for your needs.