I want to demo Ohms Law using LED, Power source and Resistor

jobitjoseph1

Joined Mar 22, 2018
Hi,
I am helping my niece with homework, she has to simulate the Ohm's law circuit. Basically a simple circuit with LED, resistor, and power source.
she can use any online simulation tool but it has to show the voltage drop across each component and prove that ohms law is being applied

The closest online ohms law tool i can find online is https://circuitdigest.com/calculators/ohms-law-calculator

1707378448520.png

But the simulartion value does not seem to change in this tool while change the voltage and resistor value. Can anyone point me towards the right tool?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi job,
The Amp meter in your simulation has zero resistance, so the voltage across the R1 and R2 resistors will always be 12V.

Try using two resistors in Series, add a resistor to the amp meter path.

E

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I don’t see any problems with your simulation except set the ammeter to show mA instead of A.

Use this Ohm’s Law formula,
I = V / R

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
But the simulartion value does not seem to change in this tool while change the voltage and resistor value.
Hi,
There is a problem with his set-up if, as he says, he is measuring voltage.
E

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Ohm's Law states that the current I through a resistance R is proportional to the voltage V across the resistor and inversely proportional to the resistance.

Stated mathematically,
I = V / R

I is the dependent variable.
V and R are independent variables.

V = I x R
is a corollary of Ohm's Law.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Yes, the circuit demonstrates Ohm’s law. Why someone thought an LED was of any use in doing so is beyond me.

The voltage does not change because the voltage you are measuring with that setup is the battery voltage.