I want a project! Help needed

Yarrow

Joined Sep 18, 2006
Hey yall. I have studied electronics for 1,5 yars now, and I dont feel like I have learned much about complete systems yet. So I have decided to start a project. The problem is that I dont know where to start. So I hoped yall could help me.

Basicly I am bored with learning how stuff woks without knowing how to implemet them and make something useful!

I have always wondered how sensors work, so I would like to design a working sensor of some kind. I was thinking of sensor that detects moisture (in the air) for example.

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?

I know the basics of digital electronics like kombinatory logics, flip flops, memory and so on. I also know a bit analog electonics, so I wonder if that is enough to start learning how to design sensors?

Tnx in advance, I appriciate all replies.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Possibly, since you state you want to "design a working sensor", you have some principle in mind for the detection of humidity. What is it?

Yarrow

Joined Sep 18, 2006
Tnx hgmjr, I will start looking there. It looked very interesting!

beenthere: I think I was aiming at air humidity. (if that aint to complicated)
My proffesor mentioned the other day that it was possible to make humidity sensors based on SR-latch. Although he did not say how. It seemed like it was very simple, based on the way he said it...
The thing is I know 0 about the concept of sensors, so Ill have to start form the bottom.

I will look at some of links hgmjr gave, pearhaps there are some leads to be found there.