I need to skip 2 exams, which ones should I skip?

terabaaphoonmein

Joined Jul 19, 2020
ms1645527405663.png
So I messed up in a tactical move. I was studying artificial intelligence for my backlog exam(exam that I failed also called supplementary exam, re-exam, retaking exam).

That was so huge and due to lots of other reasons (I don't want to sound whining so not mentioning them), I am here. I have accepted my state.
Now I need to optimize this problem. Select 2 exams that you skip and study the rest.

The circled ones are the dates in which my exams will occur. I have 20 days for exam. Leaving 3 days for revising first subject.
I have explained about how my exams will be hard, easy, long, short content etc.

I need to choose a best decision for myself and select the 2 subjects to skip so that I can achieve maximum learning. This is my last exam of engineering. After that I am graduating so I will have lots of free time in hand to study, consider that as well. If I want, I can easily study these subjects and get 32/80 in these subjects, but I don't see a point of doing it. I spent 2.5 years of my student life in various useless stuffs like trying to make money online etc, I am now very serious about studies but I failed to do a tactical move that's why I am here.

Any guidance on what exams should I skip?

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
As we have no idea what the exam subjects are, how important they are to your career and what your abilities are, how do you expect us, as complete strangers, to give a sensible answer to your question?

terabaaphoonmein

Joined Jul 19, 2020
As we have no idea what the exam subjects are, how important they are to your career and what your abilities are, how do you expect us, as complete strangers, to give a sensible answer to your question?
I think there is huge confusion regarding why I would want to skip these exams-:

1) I want to learn them 100% and master them. It is not possible to do that in 3 days(20 days/6 subjects). Don't ask me what I was doing till date.

2) I want to score the best I can. I can easily pass the exam with 32/80 marks studying for 3 days. but that doesn't mean much as my average gpa are already low and I don't want to make them lower.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Instead of wasting your time posting about your woes or looking at Facebook about people you know/knew that are doing well, STUDY!

Not sure if your aware but some future employers look at the web to find out what type of person or worker you will be, before hiring. And so far from all of your posting you don't seem like a good bet.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It seems like you are wasting valuable study time optimizing what you should study…

Also, you seem to subscribe to the theory that perfection is the perfect goal. I would ask yourself, are perfect grades with a history of skipping and retaking exams, better than passing all exams? This strategy would disqualify you from being hired by me. Imagine that I have a critical deadline in a project assigned to you which won’t be met because you want everything perfect.

Take them all, accept the results and learn before moving on.

terabaaphoonmein

Joined Jul 19, 2020
Instead of wasting your time posting about your woes or looking at Facebook about people you know/knew that are doing well, STUDY!

Not sure if your aware but some future employers look at the web to find out what type of person or worker you will be, before hiring. And so far from all of your posting you don't seem like a good bet.
Hah. I am not wasting my time here. (I might be here lol as members are pretty hostile here in off topic forum), but I post same questions in reddit and lots of other forums. My goal is to learn from everyone and make a good decision. I already made my decision, but I am here to see if anyone can get me to a place with a even better decisions.

As for lessons(that others said), I have learnt many lessons, this is the time to apply my learnt lessons and I am definitely going to skip these exams.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
People that ask others to make their decisions are looking for someone else to blame in the future. That way, failing won't be the asker's fault.

So, to help someone out, I suggest writing some random number generator code that will make the decision for you. Then blame the computer if the random number generator code caused you to fail. Better to tell your parents that the computer caused you to fail than any other cause of failure.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
My personal comment: This member is here seeking advice. Criticism for seeking advice may make some of you feel better by spilling your bile but it is not productive overall. Or, as my mother used to say "If you can't say anything good, stay quiet." Of course she used stronger words sometimes.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
If you want to continue in education and get a post-graduate qualification, or you want the best jobs, you need the best grades, so I would suggest postponing your exams for a year (or 6 months if you can take them again later this year).
It is a sad fact of the university system that your future depends on WHERE you study. You need to get into the best university you can, and that will pay you back far more than a year’s salary.

If you still can’t decide after all this advice then To add to @MrSalts‘ suggestion, get your computer to pick a random number n, and follow the advice in Post #n.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
One should not be afraid of failures. Look at failures as opportunities to learn and improve. There is much more to learn from failures than from successes.

(That's my contribution to #n.)

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
This poor soul is feeling downtrodden seeking reassureance, a silver lining in the ominous cloud hanging over his head .He's seeking wisdom and it has been my experience the wisest words, often come from our elders. My heart is breaking because I cannot help you!
As cliche as this may seem.
I can only offer you this quote.
“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” -Albert Einstein

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I used to quote a phrase from Caddyshack when my kids didn't want to do their homework. It was pretty effective after they actually understood what a ditch is.

Last edited: