i need to remove flashlight-laser driver modes

Chris Tsiakalidis

Joined May 16, 2017
hello everybody im new to the forum and sorry if my english arent great.

i bought this driver http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5W-NDB7A7...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

i have conected it to a laser diode but this driver has 3 modes(high,low,stroke) wich i want to remove and make it only work with the high mode.
after some search i found that generally the flashlight drivers have a small brown capacitor that needs to be shorted but in the driver i got there are more than 1 capasitors.if anyone knows ill apriciate your help.thanks

Well to work that out you would need a circuit and if the unit is using any sort of microprocessor, a decriptioin of its functionality.

Looking at the listing it is hard to tell what the seller is trying to say but 'only dazzling flashes' could mean constantly on at the highest current/PWM setting or actually a strobe like output.
(It isn't clear if dimming is achieved with a lower current or the same current at a reduced duty cycle)

I wouldn't recomend randomly chopping off capacitors...

If you only want a single constant current supply why would you buy a driver board with extended functionality, wouldn't a simple constant current supply work better for you? with less mucking about!

By the way, you are almost cirtainly going to need to add a heat sink to that board if you use it, probably more than one as both the switch and free-wheel diode will run hot at 4A.

You may be better with something like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-CC-9A-28...183684?hash=item4872d4a484:g:nogAAOSwanRXhGxK

Al

Chris Tsiakalidis

Joined May 16, 2017
Well to work that out you would need a circuit and if the unit is using any sort of microprocessor, a decriptioin of its functionality.

Looking at the listing it is hard to tell what the seller is trying to say but 'only dazzling flashes' could mean constantly on at the highest current/PWM setting or actually a strobe like output.
(It isn't clear if dimming is achieved with a lower current or the same current at a reduced duty cycle)

I wouldn't recomend randomly chopping off capacitors...

If you only want a single constant current supply why would you buy a driver board with extended functionality, wouldn't a simple constant current supply work better for you? with less mucking about!

By the way, you are almost cirtainly going to need to add a heat sink to that board if you use it, probably more than one as both the switch and free-wheel diode will run hot at 4A.

You may be better with something like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-CC-9A-28...183684?hash=item4872d4a484:g:nogAAOSwanRXhGxK

Al
thanks for the reply and help,the board that you posted seems nice except the dimensions as i wanted to use the driver on a handheld flashlight host but maybe i can fit this also.so this board has 2 pontetiometers 1 for A and 1 for V if i get it right.btw i need a very clean power source without spikes to drive a diode.if you thing its good and stable then ill give it a try and hope not to burn the diode.the output i need is around 5-6V 4A clean without spikes