I need help with following MATLAB Question

itachi7898

Joined Dec 7, 2022
Hello everyone, I have started online course on MATLAB I do electrical wiring of houses and industrial plants. I have never worked on MATLAB before so if anyone please help me with my following question.
Thing is that I dont understand matlab at all i dont know where to begin. Please help me with my question.
Below is my question.

A typical hard disk drive actuator can be modelled quite accurately as a double integrator:
G(S) = Y(S)/G(S) = 6×10^2/S^2

where y is the displacement of the read/write head in micrometre and u is the actuator input in volts. The
sampling used in a typical hard disk drive servo system is 10 kHz. It is required to design an appropriate
controller so the resulting closed-loop system has an overshoot less than 25% and a settling time less than
8 milliseconds as the response to a step reference of 1 micrometer.
Design a digital PD, PI, or PID controller to meet the above design specifications using the emulation based method.
Show all the detailed design procedure and the results of your simulations using MATLAB and Simulink.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello everyone, I have started online course on MATLAB I do electrical wiring of houses and industrial plants. I have never worked on MATLAB before so if anyone please help me with my following question.
Thing is that I dont understand matlab at all i dont know where to begin. Please help me with my question.
Below is my question.

A typical hard disk drive actuator can be modelled quite accurately as a double integrator:
G(S) = Y(S)/G(S) = 6×10^2/S^2

where y is the displacement of the read/write head in micrometre and u is the actuator input in volts. The
sampling used in a typical hard disk drive servo system is 10 kHz. It is required to design an appropriate
controller so the resulting closed-loop system has an overshoot less than 25% and a settling time less than
8 milliseconds as the response to a step reference of 1 micrometer.
Design a digital PD, PI, or PID controller to meet the above design specifications using the emulation based method.
Show all the detailed design procedure and the results of your simulations using MATLAB and Simulink.
I think you have a typo somewhere. You say that G(s) = Y(s)/G(s). You also talk about u but there is no such symbol in your equation.

So, first, make sure that you've presented the problem correctly.

Next, this is not Homework Done For You. So YOU need to show YOUR best effort to work YOUR homework as far as you can. Coming in and posting your homework and declaring that you don't know where to begin is not going to get you anywhere. If that is truly the case, particularly at this point in the term (assuming you are near the end of the semester where you are), then you really need to repeat the course.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This problem statement presumes a knowledge of differential equations and Laplace transforms. Do you have these topics in your background? Without them you are truly "at sea".