I need help to install supernight led 5050 type strip lighting into my ceiling

Jomadais

Joined Sep 15, 2015
Hello everyone one, I need help to install supernight led 5050(http://www.supernight.cc/) type strip lighting into my ceiling .. I've purchase about 8 packs of 5 meters, these come with a 40 button ir remote and a 12 volt power suppyly.. I need to cover a ceiling the us 38' L to 18 W' .. I read you can only use 1 - 5M at a time, can I connect these into each other creating 1 strand.. I would like to get these installed asap..but how do I power these? Does any body have any suggestion or answers? If so can you provide some links on how I can obtain power supply? Thanks in advance.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
You say "these come with a 40 button ir remote and a 12 volt power supply"

Then you ask us how you get a power supply and how to power them.

???

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I bet you want all 8 strips to be controlled by the same remote control too..
hint.. you can't :)
If you want them all from the same 12V supply you need to find the required current per strip and multiply by the number of strips.. Then find a 12V power supply capable of greater than what you calculated you need..
example if each needs 1 Amp and you have 8 then you need a 12V supply greater than 8 Amps (10 Amps would be my recommendation)

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I bet you want all 8 strips to be controlled by the same remote control too..
hint.. you can't :)
If you want them all from the same 12V supply you need to find the required current per strip and multiply by the number of strips.. Then find a 12V power supply capable of greater than what you calculated you need..
example if each needs 1 Amp and you have 8 then you need a 12V supply greater than 8 Amps (10 Amps would be my recommendation)
I agree. That's kinda where I was headed with the specifications.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
That is a healthy power supply, assuming cool white LED's 12 V @ 30 A for all.
What type of light control do you desire ? All with same dimming?

floomdoggle

Joined Sep 1, 2008
Bypass the remote and use a wall switch. Is dimming necessary? They will be wired in parallel, same as any wall/ceiling light. Advisable to talk to an electrician, first.