I need help from those who know Drone Swarm Technology!

geezer01

Joined Apr 27, 2022
I'm a student who is currently undergoing a thesis and am about to graduate this semester. I'm just asking if I can get any mentors for Drone Swarm tech.
technically I and my thesis group are having a hard time getting codes and programs for our thesis. I hope someone could help us.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't recall "getting codes and programs" being a legitimate part of doing research and writing a thesis. How does that fit into the definition of "original work"? IMHO you and your group are trying to get something for nothing and pass somebody else's work off as your own. It is possible that I am wrong as you no doubt will try to convince me. So have at it.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Or maybe they just need examples to analyze and explain or for comparison.
That is a possibility, but researchers often reveal just enough for their work to be duplicated by creative individuals, without revealing the exact details. The request does sound like an attempt to bypass the necessity of creating an implementation. I want to be convinced that the situation is actually different from the one I imagine.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
This semester? As in by the end if May? I think you are in deep trouble.

And isn’t there normally a faculty sponsor for thesis projects ?

Bob

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This semester? As in by the end if May? I think you are in deep trouble.

And isn’t there normally a faculty sponsor for thesis projects ?

Bob
I've never seen a thesis project without some kind of faculty supervision starting with the original project proposal.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Some engineering schools now have a "senior project" (also called "thesis project" for some unknown reason) for BS Engineering degrees. It is simply a project that gets designed and built during the semester. A drone swarm seems like a large investment in equipment for a senior project.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Some engineering schools now have a "senior project" (also called "thesis project" for some unknown reason) for BS Engineering degrees. It is simply a project that gets designed and built during the semester. A drone swarm seems like a large investment in equipment for a senior project.
Indeed. Maybe the dimensions of the project don't require a full-scale implementation. If the TS is seeking "codes and programs", it could be a mostly theoretical exercise. A survey of algorithms and methods used. In which case, the original request would be totally legitimate. I think we need to hear from him. The silence is telling.