I need a help to write a VHDL code to run vending machine. I attached the lab

alabbad

Joined Nov 12, 2012
I am a student. I am taking Digital Design. I need a help in writing Vhdl code to run a vending machine which has special propose.

I attach the lab please anybody take a look and answer the question.
I will be appreciate who will do it.

Thanks a lot

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I am a student. I am taking Digital Design. I need a help in writing Vhdl code to run a vending machine which has special propose.

I attach the lab please anybody take a look and answer the question.
I will be appreciate who will do it.

Thanks a lot
Didn't pay attention in class?

I don't think your instructor would like it if someone answered your questions for you.

I know I would not like it. I want to have an engineer know what he is doing if he is designing product I am use someday. My life might depend on it.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wow due Nov 14th? Here it is the 12th. What have you been doing all of this time? Put down the Game Boy and pick up the books.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Don't take it too much literally.

Use only one display to display deposited money.
If it is sufficient, vend the item. If not, blink the price.
Use display decimal dot as vend LED.
After that, dump all the change.

You need a small keypad as well to select a product (purchase price).

Can you use microcontroller (for yourself)?
Then at first implement it in C, so the program flow is clear.

This should not take more than 2 days.

Then transform this into VHDL.

If you don't know VHDL, you can not expect others to do all the work for you. It is the purpose of the assigment that you learn/make progress with VHDL.

If the instructor demands to implement it literally, and deducts you points if you build just a normal vending machine, then .... well guess what.

A CPLD is not well suited or required for this- microcontroller is better and easier. Be it for the purpose to learn to get along with the same (I highly guess so).

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I don't use VHDL even if it turns out I have a small MAX CPLD board here.

How can members here help you, when they don't know your VHDL level? Or what you have worked out already?

Do you have it installed at home or something? What about the CPLD board? I have downloaded software for my board 1/2 a year ago but then reinstalled Windows, so that's gone. GBytes of download!