I need a circuit to give a trigger to a switch

bhas

Joined Jan 11, 2023
Hi dears, I need a circuit to give a trigger to a switch which should stay ON for 10 to 15 sec and then go OFF. After 12 hrs again should ON for 10 to 15 sec and go OFF cyclically. For triggering a pulse every 12 hrs, I need a circuit based on CD4060. For 10 to 15 sec, can use any 555 circuit.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
We only help with homework. We DO NOT do the homework for you. Show us your proposed circuit and tell us in what way it is not functioning in the way you require. We will then make suggestions to help solve the problem. The suggestions sometimes may be in the form of questions to get you to think in more depth about the problem.

Les.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
This does not look like a typical homework assignment.

A long time ago I made something like this using an 8 pin microcontroller. It was a doorbell silencer that operated on a 24 hour cycle that could be re-synchronized with a button to reset the starting time every now and then to compensate for eventual drift between the "real" time of day and the circuit's internal timing.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi dears, I need a circuit to give a trigger to a switch which should stay ON for 10 to 15 sec and then go OFF. After 12 hrs again should ON for 10 to 15 sec and go OFF cyclically. For triggering a pulse every 12 hrs, I need a circuit based on CD4060. For 10 to 15 sec, can use any 555 circuit.
Why do you need to use a CD4060 or a 555? Are those constraints of the assignment?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The CD4060 is a combination oscillator and binary counter/divider. So it can easily be programmed to create long delays. But I always have a difficult time making it run as a crystal oscillator. So running it as a 0ne hertz oscillator should provide adequate resolution.