- Joined Nov 19, 2019
We kinda learned about this circuit in the electronics 1 lab, but I don't understand everything, i have some questions and unfortunatly my lab professor is quite a Karen and won't even hear my questions... Anyway, these are my questions:
1) Which elements can I mess with to increase the volume of the amplifier? The only thing I can think of is R1and R2 (decrease them for example) so that ib will become bigger => Ic = b * Ib will also become bigger in amplitude so more volume!!! (But I need to be careful not to burn the transistor).
2) Capacitors C1, C2 do they help in the amplitude amplification? If I change their capacitance will it make a difference?
3) If I don't use the C1 capacitor, and short the input signal (In) with the R1, R2 voltage divider (B node) then I don't hear anything!!! Why do I need this capacitor? I heard that it acts as a filter, but I don't know about filters yet (actually I skipped them in the theory.
4) Do I need R3 which is parallel with C2 or can I just put C2 directly in series with the emitter and the ground?
5) How does C2 fixes the distortion of the output signal?
Thank you for your time.
Last edited by a moderator: