i have a nice question today

bilalo

Joined Oct 31, 2015
hi
i have a nice question today
is the thyerstor as a control circuit positive or negative feed back and why?
i hope you help me and thnk's.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'd give shtell01 points for providing a reference. If the TS paid attention to the menu on that site, they will check it before asking another question here. They might get confirmation or clarity here, but they will look a little deeper prior to coming here ... at least that's my hope.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
but they will look a little deeper prior to coming here ... at least that's my hope.
That's the problem as I see it. OP didn't say what they had done to research the problem. S/he simply asked for an answer and got one. If they won't bother to try to do a Google search and go through the results to find something that makes sense, or doesn't, before asking for assistance; they're just looking for someone to do their homework for them. We shouldn't do that...

The OP wouldn't even make the effort to craft a meaningful title...

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Here's something I posted on another forum ...

Short course on searching

+word means word must be on the page.
+"phrase" means phrase must be on page. Don't forget the quotations.
- word means you don't want to see that word on the page.
-"phrase" means you don't want to see that phrase on the page. Don't forget the quotations.

Use in any combination you desire.

Example:

I googled these two words on 7/13/2015 with the following results:

colpitts oscillator returns 108,000 results
+colpitts +oscillator returns 108,000 results this is the defacto standard
+"colpitts oscillator" returns 85,400 results
+colpitts -oscillator returns 8 results
-colpitts +oscillator returns 487 results

I learned this lesson from the AltaVista search engine in the pre-google days. There are more shortcuts found at google ... https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

Share shamelessly.

Last edited:
I dunno -- seems to me the cited text is a perspective of the internal operation of a thyristor --- as opposed to its function as a circuit element -- But then maybe that's what the TS was asking...

Perhaps ambiguous and otherwise poorly couched language should be addressed prior to supplying technical assistance in 'Homework'? -- In my experience clarity of speech and comprehension are handmaidens...

Best regards
HP