I don't know something about raspberry pco. Any help

Tonin

Joined Mar 5, 2021
Hey Guyz i am new in robotcs and electronics and i was wondering if anyone knows what VSYS and VBUS do. Also can you explain to me what the GOIO and I2C do in a rasperry pico too? Thanks in advence for the time.

scorbin1

Joined Dec 24, 2019
VBUS is your power rail from the USB bus, VSYS is the power rail from battery. GPIO is general purpose IO points and I2C is a networking protocol for communications between ICs. GPIO is where you would hook up sensors and actuators and I2C would be used to communicate with other dev boards or ICs.

Tonin

Joined Mar 5, 2021
Also do you mean that with the I2C i can connect the raspberry pico with other microcontrollers or even with another raspberry pico?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Also do you mean that with the I2C i can connect the raspberry pico with other microcontrollers or even with another raspberry pico?
it is a data protocol standard. It is usually used for peripherals like sensors and displays but there is nothing special about talking to another MCU, so yes.

Tonin

Joined Mar 5, 2021
Does anyone know if the raspberry pico is better that the raspberry zero when it comes to small projects? ( Like person recognition and making a robot following a person)?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Also can anyone explain to me what is the difference between analog and digital sensors?
An analog sensor produces a varying voltage. To use it with an MCU you must have an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) that takes the varying voltage and produces numbers for the MCU to operate on.

A digital sensor produces numbers directly, this usually means it has its own ADC on-board and the connection to the MCU is via I2C, SPI, or some other digital connection providing data rather than the raw signals it is interpreting.

In the most basic way, you can think of a potentiometer as an analog sensor, it can produce a varying voltage based on its position which can be converted to digital and interpreted by the MCU’s program, and a switch as a digital sensor which inherently produces a 1-bit digital output which can be used, for example, to determine the discrete position of something like a door—open or closed—directly usable by the MCU to pass to the program with no conversion.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Also isnit possible to make an arducam with a raspberry pico recognise a person from his back?
No. It is not the camera nor the MCU that is doing the recognition, it is the software and the libraries you have available to you do not have that capability. Facial recognition is... facial. It depends on features of the face to operate. How would you propose to use the back of someone to recognize them? By their clothes?

There is something called "gait analysis" which can recognize people by the way they walk, but I don't know of any implemented for MCUs.

I think you might be in over your head here and should start with some tutorial on making an RPi 3 or 4 do facial recognition, then apply what you learn.

Tonin

Joined Mar 5, 2021
So if i use a raspberry zero to recognise a person by the way he walks and combine it with a raspberry pico would it work? Cause i think that someone said that the I2C can be used to connect the pico with another MCU

Tonin

Joined Mar 5, 2021
No. It is not the camera nor the MCU that is doing the recognition, it is the software and the libraries you have available to you do not have that capability. Facial recognition is... facial. It depends on features of the face to operate. How would you propose to use the back of someone to recognize them? By their clothes?

There is something called "gait analysis" which can recognize people by the way they walk, but I don't know of any implemented for MCUs.

I think you might be in over your head here and should start with some tutorial on making an RPi 3 or 4 do facial recognition, then apply what you learn.
Or is it too difficult for a beginner?