I don't have an oscilloscope

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
If you want to see if a general idea will work without having to build it, you can use one of the various free online simulators. I've used mltisim a few times and it works well:

https://www.multisim.com/

Simulators don't always match the real world 100%, but for basic stuff they work well, and are really useful for trying ideas without having to build it.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I would consider spending a bit more and getting the Hantek.
I have one. I also have an old windows PC with which to use it. But otherwise I generally fly with my Mac computers. Hantek does not work with Mac. It needs the Windows OS.

I also have a "Leader" dual trace scope. I use that far more often because it's quick and easy on and easy to read. The Hantek means I have to start up the Windows computer. Did I mention it's an old computer? Slow and somewhat noisy. I'm looking around to grab a newer PC. When I come across one I'll go that route. But my OS is WindowsXP. Sorry - I just love XP. Of course I keep this computer isolated from the web (not connected). But its sound card is starting to act up. Another use for this older computer has been for playing music into an amplifier. I used to play drums. Played them for 8 years when I was young and foolish enough to not protect my hearing. About 5 years ago my wife bought me a set of drums and I was in tears with happiness to have drums again. But this time I used hearing protection. But it's too late. My tinnitus has gotten worse and I had to sell my drums. "(

My point about the Hantek - it's a good scope for the money. You just need a good PC with a Windows operating system. If you have a Mac then Hantek will not work for you.