I consider to run a hotel

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
One hotel is for rent now beside where I live.
After see the hotle on site,and know about the running situation, I am interested to rent it.
This area belong to traveling resort area

Is there anyone interested on this field ,welcome to discuss or PM me

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Actually a "hottle" was a cute little container used in California restaurants to bring more than a single cup of coffee to the table. That's what I thought when I read that. A piece of advice. If you don't know anything about the hotel business, your first attempt will be a complete and miserable failure. Failure is how we learn in the occidental culture, but may have more serious consequences where you live. I'd hate to lose you in that way.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Hottle

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I'm surprised that you guys don't recognize that 'happyganl' is a lady. She has many threads here, even showed pictures of the baby.

@happyganl, will you provide security for non-Chinese customers? One of my sons used to go to China for his company quite a lot. The hotels he stayed at always sent a 'guard' with him when he went places.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I'm surprised that you guys don't recognize that 'happyganl' is a lady...
Apologies to Ms. happyganl. I don't come here for dates, so I don't really make note of members' genders (members' members? :rolleyes:)

Besides, unfair generalization or not, women are rare in our field, at least in my experience, and one tends to assume the masculine.

Again, sorry.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
happy,

I own and manage several rental properties. None are hotels, however. How do you plan to make a profit? I would think the hotel is already asking the maximum then can get for each room. Maybe you can try adding value, furninsing the room with more or better features. Still you will be eating the cost of renting while the room is not being used. You probably know more about this than I do, but it seems risky to me.

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Actually a "hottle" was a cute little container used in California restaurants to bring more than a single cup of coffee to the table. That's what I thought when I read that. A piece of advice. If you don't know anything about the hotel business, your first attempt will be a complete and miserable failure. Failure is how we learn in the occidental culture, but may have more serious consequences where you live. I'd hate to lose you in that way.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Hottle
why I want to do this business:
1、In summer ,this area have many transient population. The whole hotel business atmosphere is good
2、this hotel is new,and close to restrant and market, its convenient,the guest want to live.
3、 I know the ex-boss, meet every day, and know the prifit is not bad.
4、its close to my house

yes, I dont have any experience in hotel business before.but I dont think its too hard .
I think there is one more important thing, I dont want to quit my job .the current idea is to hire one relatives(husband's sister)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I wish you luck, but I fear you are biting off more than you can chew. Let us know how it goes and please consider an exit strategy before you jump in. It is hard enough to run a hotel while you are there. It is a whole other set of problems if you have to depend on friends and relatives. If things don't work out you may lose those friends and relatives.

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
happy,

I own and manage several rental properties. None are hotels, however. How do you plan to make a profit? I would think the hotel is already asking the maximum then can get for each room. Maybe you can try adding value, furninsing the room with more or better features. Still you will be eating the cost of renting while the room is not being used. You probably know more about this than I do, but it seems risky to me.
yes , its tisky for me too.
Besides the work , I want to try different field.
make more money, get more freedom:D
in china ,many business not very "serious "(law side),so it maybe easier than developed country.
what are you rental properties ? I am finding inspiration:D

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
:cool:
I'm surprised that you guys don't recognize that 'happyganl' is a lady. She has many threads here, even showed pictures of the baby.

@happyganl, will you provide security for non-Chinese customers? One of my sons used to go to China for his company quite a lot. The hotels he stayed at always sent a 'guard' with him when he went places.
really, good, if he come qingdao,you can advise him to come here.:cool:
but his reception seems high level, I dont have "guard" . here is security

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
I wish you luck, but I fear you are biting off more than you can chew. Let us know how it goes and please consider an exit strategy before you jump in. It is hard enough to run a hotel while you are there. It is a whole other set of problems if you have to depend on friends and relatives. If things don't work out you may lose those friends and relatives.
its not a big hotel, just a small one.have 16 rooms.
the transfer fee 55K dollars + first year rent fee 20K, 75K in total .

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Most people in the USA reach the age of 65 (retirement age) without having anything like that amount of cash. I know that you probably have more than that saved so go ahead and follow your dream.

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Most people in the USA reach the age of 65 (retirement age) without having anything like that amount of cash. I know that you probably have more than that saved so go ahead and follow your dream.
I don't have these cash,I need to loan part from bank.